The Professional Advisory Group (PAG) is made up of interdisciplinary professional resource persons who are knowledgeable about CPE. They meet at regular intervals to provide advice and consultationon Clinical Pastoral Education program planning, development, and programevaluation.
The purposes of the PAG are:
- To support and provide guidance for the Department of Spiritual Care Services.
- To seek ways to improve the quality of the spiritual and emotional care provided to patients, loved ones, and staff at UCSF.
- To facilitate communication and cooperation between related in-house departments of the Medical Center.
- To facilitate communication and cooperation between the Medical Center and the community, especially the community religious leaders, and represent the concerns of community religious leaders to the Medical Center as necessary.
- To provide members of the Medical Center and the wider San Francisco community with opportunities for continuing education.
- To help identify support for financial needs for Spiritual Care Services and its programs.
- To be available to CPE students for consultation, support and guidance.
- To provide CPE program evaluation through conducting exit interviews for exiting students and actively participating in the ACPE accreditation self-study process.
Members of the PAG include:
David Bullard, Ph.D., Psychologist, Symptom Management Service
Timothy Chamberlain, LCSW, Assistant Director of Social Work
Rev. Theresa Eungyong Cho, Pastor of St. John’s Presbyterian Church
Christine Diamond Santiago, Manager, Patient Relations
Karen Erlichman, D.Min., LCSW, Psychotherapist, Spiritual Director, and Consultant
Michele Francis, LCSW, Manager of Pediatric Social Work
Robert E. Goldsby, MD, Professor of Clinical Pediatrics
Rev. Alyson Jacks, Minister of Family Life at the First Unitarian Universalist Society of San Francisco
Daijaku Judith Kinst, Ph.D., Director of the Buddhist Chaplaincy Program at the Institute of Buddhist Studies (Graduate Theological Union, Berkeley)
Julie Koppel, RN, Patient Care Manager, 14 Long (Adult Medicine)
Rabbi Elliot Kukla, Bay Area Jewish Healing Center
Silvio Menendez, Medical Interpreter, Interpreter Services
Noreen O’Brien, MA, MFT, Psychotherapist and Spiritual Director
Ravinder Singh, Manager of Communications and Events, UCSF Office of Diversity and Outreach
Daphne Stuart, LCSW, Clinical Social Worker, Symptom Management Service
Suzanne Tay-Kelley, RN, Med/Surg Oncology Nurse, Stanford Health Care
Judith Walsh, MD, Medical Director, Ambulatory Medicine