The tuition fee for a single unit of CPE (Summer or Extended) is $600.00. The tuition fee for a year-long residency (4 CPE units) is $1800.00. There is a non-refundable deposit of $250.00 which is payable upon acceptance into the program and applied toward tuition costs. The balance of the tuition cost is due on the first day of the CPE unit or year. The fees which are paid are used solely for the ongoing costs of the CPE program, which includes quarterly and annual accreditation fees.
There is a stipend available for people who are in the year-long program. The stipend is $45,000 for a full year (12 months, 4 units), paid on a weekly basis. No income taxes are withheld from this stipend, so it is the student’s responsibility to ensure that her/his tax obligations are being met.
In addition, the UCSF CPE program offers a variety of benefits, such as
- a comprehensive health care package, including individual counseling and therapy sessions;* www.studenthealth.ucsf.edu
- access to state-of-the-art fitness and recreation centers, available for a monthly fee at the Resident, Fellow, Postdoc, and Graduate Division rate
- a per diem allowance to pay for dinner and breakfast during on-call shifts
- 15 days of personal leave time and 12 UCSF holidays; and
- access to computer lab, library, and on-line educational resources.
*Note: Health and Counseling Services offers individual counseling and therapy based on a brief therapy model. Students can be seen up to a maximum of 10 sessions per academic year, and may be referred to off-campus referrals depending on student need and staff availability. In individual counseling and therapy, a student meets one- on-one with a therapist, usually in fifty-minute sessions. Such a working relationship may last for only one session or may continue for longer.