The Professional Advisory Group (PAG) is made up of interdisciplinary professional resource persons who are knowledgeable about CPE. They meet at regular intervals to provide advice and consultation on Clinical Pastoral Education program planning, development, and program evaluation.
The purposes of the PAG are:
- To support and provide guidance for the Department of Spiritual Care Services.
- To seek ways to improve the quality of the spiritual and emotional care provided to patients, loved ones, and staff at UCSF.
- To facilitate communication and cooperation between related in-house departments of the Medical Center.
- To facilitate communication and cooperation between the Medical Center and the community, especially the community religious leaders, and represent the concerns of community religious leaders to the Medical Center as necessary.
- To provide members of the Medical Center and the wider San Francisco community with opportunities for continuing education.
- To help identify support for financial needs for Spiritual Care Services and its programs.
- To be available to CPE students for consultation, support and guidance.
- To provide CPE program evaluation through conducting exit interviews for exiting students and actively participating in the ACPE accreditation self-study process.
Members of the PAG include:
Jennifer Adams, LCSW, Pediatric Social Worker, Hospice by the Bay
David Bullard, PhD, Psychologist, Symptom Management Service
Timothy Chamberlain, LCSW, Assistant Director of Social Work
Rev. Theresa Eungyong Cho, Pastor of St. John’s Presbyterian Church
Christine Diamond Santiago, Director of Patient Relations
Karen L. Erlichman, DMin, LCSW, Psychotherapist, Spiritual Director, and Consultant
Michele Francis, LCSW, Manager of Pediatric Social Work
Robert E. Goldsby, MD, Professor of Clinical Pediatrics
Daijaku Judith Kinst, MFT, PhD, Director of the Buddhist Chaplaincy Program at the Institute of Buddhist Studies (Graduate Theological Union, Berkeley)
Rabbi Elliot Kukla, Bay Area Jewish Healing Center
Noreen O’Brien, MA, MFT, Psychotherapist and Spiritual Director
Ravinder Singh, MA, Data and Analytics Manager, Office of Education and Instructional Services, UCSF School of Pharmacy
Daphne Stuart, LCSW, Clinical Social Worker, Symptom Management Service
Suzanne Tay-Kelley, RN, Med/Surg Oncology Nurse, Stanford Health Care
Judith Walsh, MD, MPH, Medical Director, Ambulatory Medicine
Evan Alexandra Wong, BCC, Palliative Care Chaplain, Kaiser Permanente